FLOOR CONTAMINATION MONITOR
Model # TBM-28 & 28/4
Model # TBM-28-15
- 1.2 METER REACH
- SWIVEL HEAD
- WHEELS FOR FLOOR USE
- ONE HAND OPERATION
- DETACHABLE GOLF CLUB PROBE
- BUILT-IN SONALERT WITH VOLUME CONTROL
- ANTI-SATURATION CIRCUIT
DESCRIPTION: A 1.2 meter wand with separable, small, three-range ratemeter. Reads out in counts per minute.
Thin pancake wide face GM detector at end of long arm is recessed and protected by sturdy aluminum grill. Instrument
will see alpha, beta and gamma. Anti-saturation circuit will not fall below scale in high fields. Tested to 100 R/hr.
Sonalert with volume control
gives audible rate indication.
APPLICATION: Allows expanded reach
to monitor floor or ceiling or pipes or windows - reaches into corners.
It's small size, light weight, separable probe and large detector
area makes this a very useful monitor.
Optional P-15 pancake probe (included with Model TBM-28-15) with short handle allows checking
of hands, clothes, desktop etc..
- Meter: Rugged Recessed Glass Face 2-1/2'' meter.
- Ranges: 3 Linear Ranges 0-50; 5000; 50,000 cpm.
- Switch Position: Off, Battery Test, X100,
- Audio: Loud Sonalert with Volume Control.
TBM-28 consists of TBM electronics and the P-28 long arm GM tube Probe. Window Diameter: 1-3/4''; 4.5cm.
Thickness: 1.5 to 2 mg/cm2. Probe Area 16 cm2 for fast monitoring. Thin profile of tube: 13mm gives low background: typical 50 cpm.
TBM-28-15 comes with 2 probes: long handle P-28 and short handle P-15.
- Window Efficiency: 100% for all betas and alphas that have sufficient energy to penetrate the thin window.
- Overall Efficiency Greater than 30% for Sr/Y-90.
- Calibration: Single master calibration
pot plus individual cal pots for each scale. Pots are adjustable without
- Power: 9 volt nominal ``transistor''
battery; Eveready 1222 or Eveready E146X or equivalent.
- Battery Life: 100 hours in normal operation.
- Physical Dimensions: 3'' x 44'' x 5''(TBM-28); 8cm x 112cm x 13cm.
- Weight: Electronics: 22 oz.
Total: including long arm probe 48 oz.; 1.3 kg for TBM-28 and 56oz; 1.5kg for the TBM-28-15.
7051 ETON AVENUE * CANOGA PARK, CA 91303
(818) 883-7043 * FAX(818) 883-6103