THE OUTREACH TBM
Model # TBM-23
- 33 INCH REACH
- SWIVEL HEAD
- LIGHT WEIGHT
- ONE HAND OPERATION
- DETACHABLE TELESCOPING MINI-PROBE
- BUILT-IN SONALERT WITH VOLUME CONTROL
- ANTI-SATURATION CIRCUIT
DESCRIPTION: A 33'' long wand
with separable small three range ratemeter. Reads out in counts per
minute (and mR/hr). Thin window one inch diameter GM detector at end
of ``long arm''is recessed and protected by sturdy aluminum grill.
Instrument will see alpha, beta and gamma. Anti-saturation circuit
will not fall below full scale in high fields. Tested to 100 R/hr.
Sonalert with volume control gives audible rate indication.
APPLICATION: Allows extended reach
to monitor floor or ceiling or pipes or windows - reaches into corners.
Its small size, light weight, separable probe and detector size makes
this a very useful monitor indeed.
- Meter: Rugged recessed Glass Face 2-1/2''
- Ranges: 3 Linear Ranges: 0-500; 0-5,000;
0-50,000 (0-1, 10, 100 mR/hr)
- Switch Position: Off, Battery Test, X100,
- Audio: Loud Sonalert with Volume Control
- Detector: T-1210A, 2.5 cm OD thin window
GM tube. Window has 2.0 cm sensitive diameter. Probe area 3.2 cm sq.
(0.6 in. sq.) allows fast monitoring. Compact probe design (2-1/4''
long plus connector,, by 1-1/16'' OD) allows monitoring in corners
and hard to get at locations. Easily replaceable probe extender collapses
to 9'' and extends to 5'.
- Background Count Rate: Typical 10 cpm
- Efficiency: 100% for all betas and alphas
that have sufficient energy to penetrate the thin window.
- Calibration: Single master calibration
pot plus individual cal pots for each scale. Pots are adjustable without
- Power: 9V nominal ``transistor'' battery;
Eveready E146X or equivalent.
- Battery Life: 100 hours in normal operation.
- Physical Dimensions: 3'' (7.6 cm) wide
x 5-1/4'' (13.3 cm) long x 2-1/4'' (6 cm) thick (excluding meter
and handle and probe)
- Weight: Electronics:26 oz (738 gm)
Total: including long arm mini-probe and cable 32 oz (905
7051 ETON AVENUE * CANOGA PARK, CA 91303
(818) 883-7043 * FAX(818) 883-6103