QUICK SWEEP RAD DETECTOR
Model# P-8 Neon-A
Model# P-8 Neon-A -Rear Grille
LOCATE X-RAY LEAKAGE or ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA
- X-RAY SCANNERS
- FLOORS OR WALLS
APPLICATION: State and Federal
Regulations require that devices that use or produce X-rays must not
emit (leak) X-rays in excess of 0.5 mR/hr from any 10 cm2 area
as measured at a distance of 5 cm. This should be verified by complete
measurement at time of manufacture, again, upon installation, and
periodically thereafter. A small accurate X-ray mR-meter
such as Technical
Associates Model TBM-IC-MV with 10 cm2 active detector area X-ray compliance adapter, which is
ideal for this task. However, manually scanning the surface of a large
cabinet x-ray machine or airport luggage scanner, etc. 10 square centimeters
at a time is quite tedious. For this reason, Technical Associates
offers the Quick Sweep Rad Detector Model P-8 NEON-A.
- Pick one side of X-ray cabinet to check first.
- Use chalk to divide this side of cabinet into regions or strokes,
each 16" wide.
- Set X-Ray emitter to continuous emission or continuous use
- Place P-8 NEON-A Probe against side
of cabinet and sweep it along at about 1"/second.
- Watch the 8 lights on the P-8 NEON-A for
- Use the chalk to mark the location of the flashing light.
- Then continue your sweep.
- When sweeps are completed, come back and repair shielding
at the "hot spots" or measure precise mR/hr with
Sensitive Area 2" x 16"
Window 1.5 - 2.0 mg/cm2
Measures Alpha, Beta, Gamma, X-Ray.
- Locator Lights: 8 Large Red LED's indicate which of the 8 detectors is firing, i.e. detecting
an X-ray leak.
Red light and audio alarm show if total count-rate is above
preset users level.(User settable)
Audio emits clicking sound.
- Audio: Click rate is portportional to radiation level to help locate hottest spots.
- Alarm: Audio plus eight location lights.
- High: Trips at 1 mR/hr - or use recessed adjustment.
- Alert: Trips at 0.1mR/Hr or Adjust.
- P-15 probe: Separable 2" dia. Probe with cable and mounting clip. Used for hard to reach corners.
Product Comparison Chart
|| P-8 NEON-A
||Alert and high
||Round handle plus metal loops
||Hard sided case, fitted foam
Handle and shoulder strap
Model # P-8 Neon-A
TA TECHNICAL ASSOCIATES|
7051 ETON AVENUE * CANOGA PARK, CA 91303
TELEPHONE (818) 883-7043 * FAX(818) 883-6103
e-mail: email@example.com www.tech-associates.com